Have a question you can’t find the answer to? We’ve got you covered with festival information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Enhanced Security
- Festival Dates and Hours
- Allowed & Prohibited Items
- Exit & Re-Entry
- Festival Map
- Safety & Medical
- Lost & Found
- Are Children Allowed At Music Midtown?
- How Do I Become A Vendor?
- Arrive Early– While we will do everything in our power to be as quick & efficient as possible, we encourage guests to please arrive in advance of the scheduled door time, in order to allow ample time to enter the festival.
- Inspection– Be prepared for inspection as you enter the festival. This inspection will include the use of metal detectors. Permitted bags no larger than 12”x6”x12” will be searched and may slow down your entry time.
- Travel Light– To provide a safer environment for festival goers and expedite entry into the festival, only small bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” (subject to search) will be permitted.
- Take Notice– Upon entry into the festival, make yourself familiar with the festival’s layout, taking special notice of the nearest exit.
- See Something Say Something– If you see something suspicious or out of place, please notify festival security immediately.
- Be Nice– Please respect those around you, as well as yourself.
Festival Dates and Hours
2017 Dates TBA. Be the first to know about more announcements by signing up for the E-List.
Music Midtown is located at Piedmont Park in Atlanta, GA.
Allowed & Prohibited Items
Guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry or re-entry. You can help keep the lines moving quickly by leaving large bags at home.
The following items are ALLOWED:
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Cameras – only nonprofessional cameras will be allowed, and must be without equipment attachments such as selfie sticks, tripods, and monopods
- Water – you may bring one factory sealed bottle of water and refill it throughout the day at our free water filling stations (up to 1 liter), or an empty re-usable water bottle
- small bags no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ (subject to search)
The following items are PROHIBITED:
- Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Professional cameras and professional recording (photo, video, audio) equipment (NO large professional detachable zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment.
- Any and all professional video equipment. No video recording will be allowed
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Coolers of any kind. (Exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Backpacks & Camelbaks
- Baby Strollers
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind, except 1 factory sealed bottles of water (up to 1 liter)
- Pets (except service animals)
- Professional radios or walkie-talkies
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- Carts of any kind (including Red Wagons)
- Chairs of any kind
- Festival Totems and Flags
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Exit & Re-Entry
All Ticketholders are allowed to enter and exit the Festival as many times as needed. You must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day.
- Festival Map
Safety & Medical
We make every effort to create a safe and secure environment on the Festival grounds. On-site security and emergency medical staff will be available on site. If you need assistance, go to one of our multiple medical tents, or look for a security or Festival staff member.
- Lost & Found
Are Children Allowed At Music Midtown?
Yes, but everyone requires a ticket.
How Do I Become A Vendor?
Stay tuned for the 2017 Vendor Application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Getting To The Fest
How To Get To Music Midtown
- New Uber users can receive $20 off their first ride by downloading the Uber app and signing up with the promo code MusicMidtown16
- MARTA is a convenient way to get to the festival via the Midtown and Arts Center Stations on the Red and Gold rail lines. The closest free MARTA parking lot is the Lindbergh Center Station on the Red and Gold lines. Click HERE for more info.
- Walk / Ride the Beltline Eastside Trail from Inman Park or The Old Fourth Ward straight into Piedmont Park. Click HERE for more info. Bicyclers can take advantage of our complimentary Bike Valet.
Music Midtown is a car-less event, so all patrons are encouraged to bicycle, walk, UBER or take MARTA to the festival.
- Preferred parking is available for SUPER VIP Ticket Holders Only.
- ADA Parking is available in surrounding paid and private lots.
There are 4 Festival Entrances:
- Charles Allen Gate – Located at the Corner of 10th St. & Charles Allen Dr.
- Lakeside Gate – Located at the Piedmont Park 14th St. Entrance by Magnolia Hall
- 10th St. Gate – Located across from Grady High School Stadium
- 12th St. Gate – Located at 12th St. and Piedmont
Before Buying Tickets
Music Midtown is a rain or shine event.
Ticket is for Music Midtown, not for a specific artist. Artists and schedule subject to change without notice. Artist cancellation is not grounds for refund. The ticket is a revocable license for the time/date listed on the ticket.
“Management” means Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., and its affiliates. Management reserves the right without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue, local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by Management. Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband. Ticket user bears all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Ticket user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event and of inclement weather. The resale or attempted resale of the ticket for a price higher than that appearing on the ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. The ticket may not be used for advertising promotion (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Management. Ticket user consents to Management’s use of their image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission, or recording of the event.
We offer 100% Ticket Protection in the event that you cannot attend the festival for a valid, documented reason. The cost is 6% of the ticket price and can be added to your order during the purchase process. For additional information on ticket protection, please contact Front Gate Tickets or call (888) 512-SHOW.
Craigslist, Stubhub & Scalping
While Craigslist, eBay, StubHub, VividSeats or any broker site may appear to save you cash and allow access to the festival, many of these are either already used or are counterfeits.
If you want 100% confidence in your ticket purchase, you should only purchase your tickets on our Tickets page or frontgatetickets.com to purchase your tickets every single time. Also, in the event of a festival cancelation, your tickets will only be refunded when purchased through our Tickets page or frontgatetickets.com.
Often times people will try to sell their wristbands to others if they cannot attend a certain day. Unfortunately, the removing of a wristband automatically voids it. Security will check every wristband to assure it has not been removed and replaced. In doing so, you will be escorted directly from the festival grounds.
After Buying Tickets
- Questions About An Order Already Placed
- How Do I Upgrade to a VIP Ticket?
- Wristband Shipment Info
- Box Office Location and Hours
Questions About An Order Already Placed
If you’ve already purchased tickets and need to change your shipping address, want to know the status of your order, look up your order history, or have a general question about your order, please contact our official ticket provider Front Gate Tickets or call (888) 512-SHOW.
How Do I Upgrade to a VIP Ticket?
If you’d like to upgrade your tickets in advance, please contact our ticketing partner, Front Gate Tickets, for assistance at http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469), and have your original order number and information handy.
Wristband Shipment Info
Wristbands will ship 2-4 weeks prior to the Festival.
If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours prior the start of the Festival, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
Box Office Location and Hours
12th Street Box Office – 12th and Piedmont entry to Piedmont Park, at the Dockside Building
- 9/14 – 9/16 – 10 AM – 6 PM
- Day of Show – 10 AM – Close
10th Street Box Office – 10th and Charles Allen, adjacent to Grady High School
- Day of Show – 10 AM – Close
What is MM Cashless?
More info on MM Cashless can be found on the MM Cashless page.
Removing Your Wristband
Once the festival concludes and you’re ready to remove your wristband, safely cut at the end where the cloth strap is sewn onto the clasp, so it will pull through easily without damaging the strap, the clasp, or your fingers!
Remember to keep your wristband on during the event days. Do not remove your wristband until you plan to leave the festival for the final time.
For questions on how to care for or appropriately wear/remove your wristband, please visit Will Call or Ticket Help tent near any entrance at the festival.
Lost or Stolen Wristband
If your wristband has been lost or stolen, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets or call 888.512.SHOW (7469) in advance of the Festival.
Official Wristband Policy
- All wristbands will be mailed. No hard tickets or Print Pass option will be available.
- All sales are FINAL – no refunds and no exchanges.
- Only wristbands purchased through Front Gate Tickets are valid. If you purchased from an unauthorized source and/or the ticket is counterfeit, you will not be allowed entry.
- Wristbands MUST be worn for entry into the Festival.
- Wristbands MUST be worn securely on wrist and cannot be slipped on and off.
- Wristbands must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day.
- Wristbands are NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-EXCHANGEABLE and NON-REPLACEABLE.
- Do NOT remove, stretch or tamper with your wristband in any way or you will not be allowed entry.
- Subsequent and/or multiple presentations of a counterfeited wristband are VOID and will be seized by Festival security staff.
- If your wristband is removed by Festival security/event staff for any reason, it WILL NOT be replaced.
- All ticketholders must pass through security and are subject to bag inspection. Prohibited items will be confiscated by event staff.
- The festival takes place rain or shine.
- THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS WRISTBAND POLICY.
How Do I Become A Sponsor?
Interested in contributing to the fan experience at this year’s Festival through sponsorship? Please contact Anne McElroy with inquiries.
Media & Press
- What Is MyFest?
- What Is the Difference Between "E-List" And "MyFest"?
- What Happens If I Don't Create A MyFest Account?
- How Do I Sign In To MyFest?
- What Can I "Add" To MyFest?
- What Is The Music Player?
- Additional Questions About MyFest
What Is MyFest?
Creating a MyFest account today gives you access to the festival all at your fingertips. Once the festival schedule is available, you can prepare the festival by creating a customized schedule based on the artists you want to see, and share with your friends so you can plan beforehand together.
What Is the Difference Between "E-List" And "MyFest"?
MyFest is how you customize your entire Music Midtown experience from which artists you want to see, and when you’re going to see them. Anything you add will be added to your customized MyFest on musicmidtown.com.
What Happens If I Don't Create A MyFest Account?
Basically, you can continue to use the entire site, listen to the music player, learn about bands, see when they are playing, participate in contests and all that jazz without ever interacting with MyFest. But you’d be missing out (and who wants to do that?). Signing up for MyFest lets you customize and compare your ideal festival weekend and keeps you up-to-date with what’s happening during the weekend. Signing up for MyFest does not sign you up for our e-mail list.
And no, signing up for MyFest doesn’t mean we’ll bug you with unwanted updates. You’re in control and you can customize as much as you want to.
How Do I Sign In To MyFest?
You can access MyFest by clicking on the horizontal bar at the top of the page. Simply click on the “MyFest” button. For first time users, you’ll be instructed to create an account.
The MyFest bar lives on every page and will keep you signed in once you log in. So you can go explore artists and craft your schedule, and always have access to your MyFest from every page.
What Can I "Add" To MyFest?
Anything that has a “+” or “+ ADD” button. This can include, but not limited to:
- Bands on the Lineup Page
- Individual Artist Pages
- Set Times from the Schedule Page
Keep an eye out for the “+” or “+ ADD” and make sure to click that button. Once you add something to MyFest, you will see the green bar on the left light up. This means your time has successfully been added to your MyFest so that you can stay updated with special notifications.
You can always remove something from MyFest as quickly as you can add it. Just look out for the “-“ or “- REMOVE” button.
What Is The Music Player?
The music player is a collection of Soundcloud tracks from artists appearing at Music Midtown. It will stream continuously as you navigate throughout different pages of the website. You can activate the player without being signed into MyFest, either by clicking the play button on the bottom of the page, on the Lineup or Schedule Page or any Band’s Page.
Want to see the whole playlist and explore new artists? Click the up arrow button on the left side of the music player bar to see the whole list.
We chose Soundcloud to source all music tracks so that the artists could decide what music they wanted to share and so you wouldn’t have to create any other accounts to listen to it. As more artists add tracks to Soundcloud, we’ll add them to musicmidtown.com.
Additional Questions About MyFest
Contact us at email@example.com for any questions not answered here and we’ll help you out! Please be patient – we receive many emails and will answer them in the order received.